Meeple Movers is now featuring a Used Games and Puzzles section at the store. We’ve set aside some shelves of gently used games at great prices! Used games are sold on a consignment basis. Each item (or set of items) has an accompanying condition report, completed by the seller, full of helpful information about the games’ condition and completeness. This section of the store will also include some of our ‘ding and dent’ items - usually still in shrink-wrap! We’ve love for you to stop by and check them out – they change all the time!
Want to sell your gently used games?
- We are currently accepting used board games and game books (such as RPGs) to sell. Miniatures, novels, toys, dice, and collectibles are currently not being accepted.
- A seller is limited to five items for sale in our Used Games section. Exceptions can be made for RPG sets and other situations. Just ask.
- Within reason, the seller may sell a “set” of items as a single item (such as a game plus expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items will be shrink-wrapped together and presented and sold as a single item.
- The seller must complete a Used Game Submission Form (we encourage you to print and complete ahead of time) for each item sold. You can download this form and bring it in, or we will have copies available at the store. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. Meeple Movers staff will review the Submission Form and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate. These forms will be available to view by potential buyers.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. Please mark your sale price in whole dollars if possible (but this is not required). This price will be non-negotiable and Meeple Movers will only sell that item at that price. We will not break up item sets. Any sales (discounts) ongoing in the store will not apply to the Used Games section.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, Meeple Movers staff will prepare the used game for sale. We will attach a Used Game Sale Sticker (Post-It note adhesive only) to the item and shrink wrap the item before shelving. This note includes the asking price of the game and a summary of the Submission Form condition report.
- Once shelved, an item will be given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, Meeple Movers may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days (but no more than twice).
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the Submission Form condition report. This is the only condition under which we will accept a used game return.
- Three days after the sale (or as soon as possible thereafter), the seller will receive a store credit for 70% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the seller. Meeple Movers will process any Florida Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
- Meeple Movers has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such a time as it sells or is removed from circulation.
- For items that do not sell, the seller has 30 days to pick up the item after being notified. After this 30 day period, items are considered abandoned and become the property of Meeple Movers. Please contact us if you require extra time.
- Meeple Movers does not purchase used games for resale.
- Meeple Movers will assume responsibility for the care of the item while in our possession.