A completely re-envisioned, artistically-rejuvenated deluxe edition of the classic railroad game!
Steam-belching iron horses roar across the wild plains! Age of Steam relives the era when pioneering U.S. railroads built the tracks that transformed America's economy. Each self-contained phase in the game keeps players constantly involved in making vital decisions and interacting with other players. You are challenged to:
Finance both the most extensive track network and the most powerful locomotives
Determine which routes will give the best returns on their costs
Beat the opposition to the most lucrative shipments
Make enough money to pay your aggressive creditors
Age of Steam has been the top-rated train game on BGG for most of the years since it first appeared in 2002. But change is inevitable, and now, nearly 20 years later ...
- Six maps are included on 3 double-sided game boards
- Mini-sized (22mm) poker chips have replaced paper money
- Classic wooden Track Ownership disks in 6 new player colors replace plastic trains, but cool, small (18mm) wooden trains are available as an inexpensive upgrade
- A PVC insert with a clear plastic cover has been added for convenient and clear storage of all components
- A huge, heavy-duty box is supplied to carry the weight of potentially 10 maps, 3 new supply boards, 90 poker chips, 144 tiles, and the other new components (see below). This box is a bit bigger and heavier than those we use for the Vital Lacerda games of Lisboa, Gallerist and Vinhos!
Mechanics include: Auction/Bidding, Catch the Leader, Connections, Dice Rolling, Loans, Network / Route Building, Pick-up and Deliver, Player Elimination, Scenario / Mission / Campaign Game, Selection Order Bid, Tile Placement, Turn Order Auction, and Victory Points as a Resource
Recommended Age: 10+
Playtime in minutes: 72-144