From the manufacturer:
A dystopian cityscape awaits your leadership as you make strategic choices to construct markets, enhance allegiances, and expand control in this thematic dice worker-placement game.
The world as we know it has ended, and in its place the city of Euphoria has risen. You find yourself in a dystopian cityscape with a few workers at your disposal to make your mark on the world. Like most people in dystopian fiction, your workers are oblivious to their situation. This world is all they’ve ever known. You may use them at your whim.
In Euphoria, you lead a team of workers (dice) and recruits (cards) to claim ownership of the dystopian world. You will generate commodities, dig tunnels to infiltrate opposing areas, construct markets, collect artifacts, strengthen allegiances, and fulfill secret agendas.
Euphoria is a worker-placement game where dice are your workers. The number on each die represents a worker’s knowledge–that is, their level of awareness that they’re in a dystopia. Worker knowledge enables various bonuses and impacts player interaction. If the collective knowledge of all of your workers gets too high, one of them might desert you.
Your path to victory is paved with the sweat of your workers, the strength of your allegiances, and the tunnels you dig to infiltrate other areas of the world, but the destination is a land grab in the form of area control. You accomplish this by constructing markets that impose harsh restrictions of personal freedoms upon other players, changing the face of the game and opening new paths to victory. You can also focus on gathering artifacts from the old world, objects of leisure that are extremely rare in this utilitarian society. The dystopian elite covet these artifacts—especially matching pairs—and are willing to give you tracts of land in exchange for them.
Three distinct societies, each of them waiting for you to rewrite history. What are you willing to sacrifice to build a better dystopia?
Mechanisms in this award-winning game include dice rolling, hand management, set collection, variable playing powers and worker placement.
Recommended Age: 13+
Playtime in minutes: 60-75
- 1 game board
- 24 worker dice (4 each in green, blue, red, white, black, and purple)
- 48 unique recruit cards
- 36 artifact cards (6 of each kind)
- 6 ethical dilemma cards/reference cards
- 6 heart-shaped morale tokens
- 6 face-shaped knowledge tokens
- 45 resource tokens in 3 different colors (15 each in gold, brown, and grey)
- 72 commodity tokens (18 each in yellow, blue, orange, and green)
- 4 progress tokens (pink)
- 3 miner meeples (pink)
- 60 star-shaped authority tokens in 6 different colors (10 each in green, blue, red, white, black, and purple)
- 16 unavailable territory markers
- 18 unique square market tiles
- 6 multiplier markers
- 8 circular allegiance bonus markers
- 3 unavailable action space markers