Francis Drake, by Peter Hawes with Art and Graphics by Franz Vohwinkel, is the Winner of the 2013 Club Fantasci Awards for Game of the Year and Best Game Production!
The 2-Player Expansion employs a 3rd “non-player”, the decisions on Plymouth Street remain as challenging as ever and with different parts of the map blocked off on each voyage, competition for Spanish galleons, forts, and treasure remains intense.
The 6 Player Expansion adds a new set of 16 Location Tiles (specific for 6 players) and provides enough goods on Plymouth Street to keep the competition for the best items fierce. The Caribbean phase of the game is very tight now with the 6 “would-be Drakes” racing for Spanish conquests, gold & silver.
This expansion requires the Francis Drake base game to play.
Mechanics include: Action Queue, Dice Rolling, Modular Board, and Secret Unit Deployment
Recommended Age: 14+
Playtime in minutes: 90-120
- 1 Rule book in English, German & French
- 1 Galleon, 1 Frigate & 1 Treasure Chest
- 1 Score Marker, 6 Mission Discs & 10 Player Discs (all purple)
- 1 set of 16 Location Tiles, 1 Investor Tile & 1 Ship’s Log
- 4 Supply Barrels, 15 Cubes (5 black guns, 8 gray crew, 2 Trade goods)
- 4 Player Commodity cubes & 1 set of stickers
- 2 Board Overlays: Place one in Plymouth Harbor and one at Dockside
Also Includes Bonus Expansions:
- Montezuma's Legacy
- Spain's Revenge