From the publisher:
The Caribbean in the 17th Century: You are seafarers and adventurers, trying to increase your reputation with various nations, establish strong alliances, and obtain wealth and fame.
You must go all out to win — your opponents do not rest. Only if you manage to successfully implement your plans, victory shall be yours! This can be achieved through different strategies, upgrading your ship to a mighty vessel, engaging in combat, working as a privateer, building a network of assistants, setting off on expeditions, fulfilling quests, and much more.
But beware: your maneuvers should be carefully planned because the end of a round can come quickly!
Immerse yourself in a colorful world full of adventures and opportunities. A new and splendid design by the master of strategic games – Alexander Pfister.
A unique story mode: You can optionally play Maracaibo as a campaign, experiencing an exciting story as you go. In the process, several surprises change how the game plays out!
Climb aboard and set sail for Maracaibo!
Mechanics include: Contracts, End Game Bonuses, Hand Management, Income, Point to Point Movement, Scenario / Mission / Campaign Game, Solo / Solitaire Game and Track Movement
Recommended Age: 12+
Playtime in minutes: 30
- 265 cards, including
- 8 career cards
- 157 project cards
- 77 story cards (story cards are marked with red numbers 01-99 in their bottom right corners)
- 15 Automa cards (for solo variant only)
- 8 prestige buildings
- 39 ownership markers (13 for each nation)
- 24 quest tiles
- 13 city tiles (the reverse sides of the city tiles indicate which player counts to
- use them with)
- 4 story tiles
- 20 synergy tokens
- 25 combat tokens
- 4 Victory Point Tokens (100/200 VP for each player)
- 1 blue bag (this bag is referred to as the ‘archive’ in the rules)
- 23 legacy tiles (the reverse sides of the legacy tiles have the letter L along with a number)
- about 98 discs
- 58 doubloons
- 4 overview cards
- 1 gameboard