Every spring, millions of monarch butterflies leave Mexico to spread out across eastern North America. Every fall, millions fly back to Mexico. However, no single butterfly ever makes the round trip.
Mariposas is a game of movement and set collection that lets players be part of this amazing journey.
Mariposas is played in three seasons. In general, your butterflies try to head north in spring, spread out in summer, and return south in fall. The end of each season brings a scoring round, and at the end of fall, the player with the most successful family of butterflies ( i.e., the most victory points) wins the game.
Mechanics include: Grid Movement, Hexagon Grid, Movement Points, Set Collection and Turn Order: Stat-Based
Recommended Age: 14+
Playtime in minutes: 45-75
- 50 wooden Butterfly Markers (10 of each color)
- 5 wooden player score markers
- 36 action, 60 life cycle & 15 bonus move cards
- 120 flower tokens (24 of each type)
- 16 waystation markers & 1 waystation board
- 6 life cycle ability tokens
- 1 map board & flower die
- 1 rulebook